Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I Am An Incurable Optimist

I used to think of myself as a cynical, pessimistic sort, but apparently somewhere along the line I morphed into a jackassedly persistent optimist. Example: it's apparently 96 degrees in Milwaukee today, and when you step outside it feels like you're in God's kitchen and He's baking a huge thing of cookies. First thing that pops out of my mouth: "Good thing it's not humid!" Friggin' bright-siding...

Also, I saw a family of Orthodox Jews and couldn't help but feel sorry for them. Wearing a full suit in this heat is bad, but at least they get a wide-brimmed hat to keep off the sun. The kids all had their yarmulkes on, which must be like wearing a heating pad on your head when you're outdoors. Yeesh. Thank God for Reformism, or I'd be stuck there too.

I don't even wanna contemplate the hats in the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment